The field of Intellectual Property Rights in India is one of the fastest growing legal fields, particularly since the advent of e-commerce which has significantly expanded the domain of Intellectual Property Rights. The firm deals in all kinds of Intellectual Property matters, which include Trademarks, copyright and designs, patents, Technical know-how and Trade secrets. We render legal advice on diverse nature of agreements dealing with use, supply, licensing and maintenance of computer services, franchise agreements, software licensing, technology transfers, technical services and other related services. Our global networked team of IP legal professionals has the resources and expertise you require to help protect and further your business interests. We have the ability to advice our clients on creation, protection and registration of intellectual property rights throughout the world.
Business Query Form
IPR Laws in India
- Copyright: In India, copyright protection is available for any musical, literary, sound recording and artistic work. The copyright act 1957 provides the types of copyright registration works.
- Trade Marks:-The trademark laws are governed by the trademarks Act, 1999, which permits registration of a service mark and also facilitates filing of multi-class applications.
- Patents:-The patent laws are governed by the patents Act, 1970, which provides the protection for new micro organisms and proposes a uniform 20 years from filing date fro all patents granted after commencement of the act.
- Industrial design: - The features of shape, configuration, pattern, ornament or composition of lines by an industrial process, which can be registered under the industrial designs act, 2000.
- Trade Secret: A trade secret is a formula, process, practice, instrument, design, pattern or compilation of information, which is not usually known or reasonably ascertainable. In addition, a business should be able to obtain an economic advantage over customers by keeping this information private.